Microsoft is a company where passionate innovators come to collaborate, envision what can be, and take their careers to levels they can't achieve anywhere else. This is a world of more possibilities, more innovation, more openness, and sky's-the-limit thinking - a cloud-enabled world.
At Microsoft we have unique capabilities to meet the needs of both individuals and organizations. We care deeply about taking our ideals and vision around the globe, and to make a difference in peoples' lives and organizations in all corners of the planet. Our mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet.
We are hiring a Sales Director - D365 - Manufacturing based in Germany. You will be a senior solution sales leader within our enterprise sales organization working with our most important customers. This is a senior individual contributor role.
Why join the Microsoft Business Applications team?: <web address removed>/andrekiehne_dreamteam-microsoftlife-careers-activity- <phone number removed> Ui
The reinvention of business process represents a bold bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of Dynamics 365 is to help each customer to digitally transform their businesses to drive new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
You will lead a virtual team of technical, partner and consulting resources to advance the sales process and achieve/exceed solution sales and usage/consumption targets for related workloads in your assigned industry, territory and accounts. You will help customers evaluate their applications, recommend solutions that meet their requirements, remove roadblocks to deployment and drive customer satisfaction.
This role is the most senior and accomplished sales leader function that requires a proven track record of driving complex digital transformation within Fortune 500 accounts and we are looking for an industry subject matter expert, business process and functional expert who engages to coach and enable field sales and pre-sales on top deals where Advanced Workload Scenarios are required.
We are looking for an individual with expertise in Manufacturing and one or more of the following solutions: Customer Engagement, Finance & Operations and/or PowerApps that understands cross workload and integration dependencies.
This resource helps advance Microsoft in deals while ramping Dynamics field sellers on the workload to build better skills capacity in the short and long term. Along with winning the pursuit, knowledge and skills transfer on every deal is the goal.
The Sales Director will support Microsoft opportunities within the assigned territory/marketplace and industry for Dynamics 365.
The role will contribute to the sales team by focusing on complex deals, including building relationships with Industry leaders within the Microsoft ecosystem and will be involved in specific and strategic sales opportunities, and in developing and delivering demand generation programs designed to uncover net new Dynamics sales opportunities within the Manufacturing industry.
To be successful in-role, the candidate will need to deliver total solutions to prospects, customers and partners and will be depended upon to team with Microsoft Sales teams within field sales, partners, as well as other Microsoft sales and technical sales resources.
This role will leverage advanced business transformation skills honed at management consultancies and their extensive network of C-level customer and industry relationships to consistently exceed quota with multimillion dollar wins.
To learn more about Microsofts mission, please visit: <web address removed>
Check out all of our products at: <web address removed>
• Discover, assess, evaluate, and challenge strategic customer objectives by translating them into digital transformation opportunities
• Address key change scenarios with quantifiable business value outcomes and justification
• Create compelling business value outcome backed proposals, negotiate terms and contracts with successful close.
• Develops Solution Strategy mapping win themes to business value for Dynamics 365 Workloads. Solution is more often a cross platform
Microsoft solution. The Sales Director understands revenue sweet spots and repeatable solution maps by industry. They come to the role with broad experience across a large geographic territory and industry scenarios to bring experience back to Account and Territory based sellers. Solution recommendations also include 3rd party ISVs where product gaps exist.
• A senior sales leader with executive presence and title to facilitate executive Business Development Discovery workshop alongside the Business Value Assessment team.
• Enabling field sellers on best practices for discovery and demonstrating functional capability
• Build field capabilities for new releases, capabilities (i.e.: CafeX, Versium, LinkedIn) and top ISVs (i.e.: Adobe). Understanding the full solution end to end.
10+ years of experience:
• Digital transformation management consulting experience with leading international firms
• Senior level pursuit leadership varied experience in selling ERP & CRM business applications with a strong track record of new account development, territory building and quota performance
• Developing demand for multimillion-dollar digital transformation opportunities in Fortune 500+ accounts
• Developing and leading account strategy and opportunity execution plans in complex business environments for Fortune 500+ targets
• Proposal preparation, negotiating terms and contracts for large multi-million-dollar digital transformation opportunities
• Assessing strategic customer objectives, digital transformation opportunity discovery, key improvement scenarios, and ability to measure and present incremental and new economic value
• Leading, partnering and orchestrating with virtual teams of experts, SMEs composed of industry, engineering, solution, technical, licensing and legal team members
• Disciplined operator with demonstrated accuracy in forecasting business and maintaining CRM pipeline hygiene
• Certification and / or deep experience in business value selling
• Demonstrated passion and commitment for customer success
• Ability to respond in depth to RFP/RFI
• Strong analytical skills to support business decisions and priorities
• Demonstrated ability working with executive level stakeholders at enterprise customers to map Dynamic 365 platform to customer's business initiatives.
• Deliver cross-Microsoft and cross platform solutions (Dynamics, Office 365, Azure, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, ISVs) which are required in top accounts
• Proven ability to articulate the business value of Dynamics 365 platform and position in competitive scenarios by way of proven business based process and product demonstrations with One Microsoft.
• Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to articulate the advantages of Microsoft solutions to senior business and technical decision makers. Guides, manages and influences customer vision and internal virtual teams.
• Ability to optimize the sales process by bringing the right resources to the table and coaching on the role of each player. Disengaging resources who are not critical to get scale across the business.
• Experience in customer facing roles; deep experience in business apps sales / services / consulting organization; and proven success leading business and economic value discussions with senior customer decision makers.
• Ability to travel up to 50% (domestic and international) to attend client meetings, conferences, seminars, and industry events.
Deep understanding of:
• Business solutions, ERP & CRM and how they translate into business impact
• The security, regulatory and compliance needs of global customers
• Working knowledge of Microsofts commercial cloud offerings including Microsoft Office 365, Microsoft Azure.
• Strategic Complementary ISV solutions and guidance when required
• Commercial terms across Dynamics and Azure solution set and can advise on packaging of Dynamics 365 integrated solutions.
• Competitors and related ecosystem
- Fluency in German is essential
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.